People-watching at the airport is the best thing ever. Some of my favorites thus far include:
- Every kid on the flight to Orlando a few gates down. So. Many. Mickey Mouse. Ears.
- The one kid NOT wearing mouse ears, but wearing a Superman cape and whooshing around the terminal.
- All the ladies wearing nice traveling outfits… cute tops, nice pants, scarf, and blinding white Nikes/Reeboks/insert other athletic shoe here. Oh, Americans.
- Busy business people rushing around doing their George Clooney in “Up in the Air” impressions.
- The 5 or 6-year old girl walking in front of me who had the most adorable suitcase ever. It was pink (of course), sparkly, and had a Eiffel Tower/Arc de Triomphe motif. I wanted it.
- The gorgeous stewardess who strode confidently down the terminal wearing knee-high f*ck me boots. You know that she’s not only in the mile-high club, she’s the frickin’ V-P of it.
So I totally caved and had a beer. But they had Kentucky Ale! And I’m in Kentucky! I should support the local economy and such. Sadly they don’t have Kentucky Ale glasses, so here it is in a Blue Moon glass instead….
Extra bonus: When the waitress set it down she said, “It’s coming out with a lot of foam so I think we’re gonna 86 it after this.” I had no idea that 1) people were still saying ’86’ and 2) it would sound so funny in a little Kentucky twang. Amusements. Plus she called me honey about 50 times. There’s the charm.