I must have been very good this week because two people very kindly passed along kudos to me!
The award comes with some conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
My nominees are:
And earlier this week Diana at Raising Expats in the MeMeing game. Honestly I had serious issues coming up with 11 (random number), so I’m tagging the same folks as above. Do one, do both, whatever trips your trigger kids. So here we go….
So that everyone is on the same page, here are THE RULES :
- You MUST post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger sent for you in the post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
- Have fun!
1) What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done that you will admit to online?
Does moving abroad by myself count?
2) Are there any choices you would have made differently knowing what you know now?
Nope. In the immortal words of Luke from Out Cold, “No regrets, that’s my motto. That and… everybody Wang Chung tonight.”
3)What is your earliest childhood memory?
This is a hard one. I don’t really remember specific events, but I remember a lot from camping when I was little. The smell of the metal slide, hiding in the picnic shelter when it was raining, my turtle inner-tube with his pink/yellow/white hat and pink spots, picking raspberries with my Grandpa, and my Woodstock (the bird, not the concert) fishing pole.
4) Was there one event in your life that changed everything?
Again, does moving abroad by myself count? Or can you really say something changed everything if you don’t know the end of the story yet? Sorry, I’ll stop answering questions with questions now.
5) Have you ever had your heart broken?
Yep. It sucks just as much as everyone says it does.
6) 10 years ago, did you think you would be doing what you are doing today?
10 years ago I was just hoping to make it through college alive and with my liver intact. I knew I wanted to go back to Europe but I don’t think I had even dreamed of moving there yet.
7) Follow up on Q6, what did you think you would be doing 10 year ago?
Trying to be a photographer. This was before I figured out that I’m 1) not that good, 2) not nearly competitive enough, and 3) incapable of handling brides.
8) Where do you want to be in 10 years from now?
Mostly happy. By then I should have struck it rich in the German lottery so I can afford to retire to Berchtesgaden and plant my balconies full of geraniums. But to be honest, now isn’t so bad… I’m not too worried about it.
9) Have you been to your High School reunion?
Our 10-year was last fall, needless to say I could not attend.
10) How many countries have you lived in?
11) What unknown musician would you recommend?
Well he’s not really “unknown” anymore, but I will plug Justin Vernon and his band Bon Iver any day of the week. And not just because we have the same alma mater, it’s also his beard, and the fact that he wrote ‘For Emma, Forever Ago,’ after a breakup alone at a cabin in the woods while chopping wood. It’s fantastic. Just watch this…. Bon Iver on SNL.
Now for the 11 new questions for you:
1) What was your favorite cartoon character or show?
2) James Bond or Jason Bourne? (and coincidence that both are J.B.?)
3) If you were a passenger on the Titanic, would you have survived and why?
4) You have to take up a new hobby, what will it be?
5) What is one place you are dying to visit?
6) And on the other hand, is there a place you have no desire to go?
7) What is the best song to wake up to?
8) What is the best book you’ve ever read?
9) Beach or mountains?
10) What is your guilty pleasure?
11) Your house is on fire, what do you save (excluding family members, obviously)?
Here are the bloggers asked to continue the game, BLOGS TAGGED :
See above. I’m lazy. 🙂
And if anyone else wants to link up, go for it. Or answer questions in the comments, I’m cool with that too.
*Edited to add: One of the most annoying things about losing my old computer is learning that I was not following a bunch of the blogs I thought I was. Ah, the perils of having a 50-mile long Bookmarks tab instead of just following like a normal person. *headdesk*