I went with strawberry Sahnetorte today. It is all kinds of humid here, so something light and fruity was just the ticket.
- Yeah, that election I posted about on Tuesday? Walker survived the recall. The people have spoken, and that’s all I’m going to say about it because I’m still pissed. You hear that Wisconsin?! I’m mad at you!
- I had American-style pancakes for breakfast this morning, and they were actually passable. So if anyone is craving a pancake, try the breakfast menu at Bar California here in Nürnberg. Just make sure you ask for the blueberries if you want them.
- Poland just scored the first goal of the Eurocup. Considering the game is in Poland, that’s nice for them. Germany plays their first game against Portugal tomorrow and the stores were already frantically stocking the beer shelves this morning. Preparation, yo.
- Speaking of Eurocup, the opening ceremony was weird. Look for it on YouTube. And the fans were amazingly chill before the match. Everyone was in their seats when I turned the TV on (about 20 minutes to kick-off), and just waiting. No dancing to the music in the stadium, no singing, just taking pictures with camera phones and waiting. They must have been saving their energy, because the Polish fans are going ape-shit right now.
- It looks like I’m going to London for a few days in September… does anyone have tips on where to stay and what to do?
- And lastly, my lavender is blooming… so look how pretty it is!