I’ve been seriously slacking off on the cake posts, so sorry about Friday. I’ll try and do better this week. Friday was a little nutty though, as I had to meet a friend for lunch, go book our trip to London, then go to a work meeting, which turned into going out with some of the other teachers… which was fun but noooot what I was planning on doing for the evening.
Things I planned on:
- a beer or two after the meeting (we usually go all together to a cafe/beer garden, and our bosses buy the first two rounds)
- coming home and eating an actual meal
- laying on the couch
- going to bed early so I could be productive on Saturday as my house was a disaster area
Things I didn’t plan on:
- two beers after the meeting and…. many at the bar
- tequila shots
- spending a very long time standing slack-jawed in front of a TV watching the Olympic opening ceremonies with a particularly snarky group of folk, saying things like: “What the hell?”; “Why are they trampling on Hobbiton?”; “Leave hobbit hill alone Goddammit!”; “Holy shit it’s Isengard! or shit from Pink Floyd’s The Wall! I can’t decide!”; “The queen needs a better bra.”; “Seriously, she’s the queen… can’t someone get her chest to lift and separate?”; and “Of course James Bond is dropping out a helicopter right now! Why not?”
- walking all the way across the city because the U-Bahn had stopped and I believe that walking is always faster than night transportation
- feeling like death warmed over on Saturday
- being unable to accomplish anything but go to the supermarket (fridge was empty), and go get hangover McDonald’s
The good news is that I did get some cleaning done. On Sunday. Saturday was just all kinds of useless.
I’ve been trying to formulate another post about last weekend in Prague. I have notes in the phone, but pretty much writing anything is difficult right now. It’s coming though. At some point.
Myself and another teacher found out at the meeting on Friday that our Monday lessons in Erlangen are cancelled for the whole month of August. Not a huge deal for me, as I was already off for the last three weeks, but was kind of planning on having that (about) 350€ in September. And neither of us really understand why the lessons are cancelled for the month. Most of our students are off either at the end of August, or in September, so why cancel the whole month? Who knows. So part of me is annoyed at losing money, but a very large part of me is going, “Meh, oh well. Sleeping in on Mondays again! Wahoo!”
Which brings me to the next point. I don’t know if I’ve been iron or protein or something deficient lately, but I am so dead it’s not even funny. I cannot wait to lay on the beach in 15 days. I don’t want to drink, I don’t want to party, I don’t want to sight-see, I just want to lay. If someone can poke me every hour or so to turn over, that will really suffice. My goal is to be almost black by the time I get back. I want to give the editing monkeys at House Hunters International a good challenge by being a completely different color for my ‘before’ and ‘hunting’ scenes.*
Of course, knowing myself I will be bored after two days, but for now, that’s really all I want to do. I realize that at this point I’m pretty spoiled by my schedule, but it is beyond me how anyone works 40 hours a week. This means I can never return to the U.S. Whoops.
|T-minus 15 days until Santorini, Greece!! Via…|
*Yes, this could backfire in a horrid way. I’m aware.