Greetings from the main square in Erlangen! I should be starting my second class right now but clearly that is not happening. Okay, I realize that I shouldn’t complain because I haven’t worked on a Monday since July, but here’s what has happened so far today.
1. I only got 3 hours sleep because I stayed up to watch the Packers lose their first game of the season.
2. Our usual Monday ride didn’t show up. I forgot to check yesterday that we were good to go, so I don’t know if he’s on vacation, or if they forgot about me. So I waited 35 minutes for nothing.
3. Emailed my first class, apologized and cancelled. Thank God for the iPhone. This is exactly why I needed one.
4. Went back to the main station and got a train to Erlangen.
5. Got an email from one of the guys in my second class that he can’t make it. That left us with only 2 of 5 available so had to cancel them too. Pro of this: 1) I didn’t have to pay for a cab to the village because there wasn’t a bus that would get me there on time. Cons of this: 1) Now that’s 2 classes unexpectedly cancelled. Goodbye grocery money! 2) I’m in Erlangen with nothing to do until the bus I need to get to my third class leaves in 90 minutes.
If anything else goes wrong today, I’m packing it in and going back to bed.
I think I’ll be well-caffeinated by the time I get to work. If that ever happens. At least Erlangen is pretty in the morning….